ITW guides are talented and inspiring people who both serve and teach each student on a ITW adventure. Our staff is the backbone of ITW. The relationships between our staff and others are the basis of our reputation. Consequently, ITW is always looking for individuals dedicated to God’s glory and Jesus’ Kingdom, enthusiastic about youth and young adults, and willing to grow in servant leadership.
Working for ITW means hard work and long days, especially in the field. Days off do not regularly occur. Wilderness ministry requires individuals to have a deep and intimate walk with Jesus Christ and the desire to serve under all sorts of conditions. Those that choose to serve with ITW will learn many things and share many awesome experiences with other staff. We ask and expect much from our guides, but we believe the rewards are worth it. ITW invests a great deal of time and effort into training, developing, and mentoring our guides.
Read the qualifications below and the job description, Guide. Fill out an online application and submit reference forms: Application & Reference Form.
- Proficient in one of the following areas: Rock Climbing, Backpacking, Mountaineering.
- 18 years of age
- Successful completion of ITW’s reTRAIN course. Read the description of our reTRAINcourse.
- Minimum Wilderness First Aid (WFA) and CPR medical certification.
- All guides are required to carry personal medical insurance throughout the summer.
- Read the job description: Guide.
Pay and Housing
ITW will work to find home stays to provide room and board. Guides will be required to pay for any medical certifications they acquire through ITW. All guides raise support for their summer expenses.
Guides can work the entire summer (approximately May 25 to August 25) or set certain dates within the summer (Example: June 30th to July 31st). All guide contracts are dependent on available adventures and employee availability. You will spend up to 7+ days in the field at a time, working 12-14 hours a day. At ITW headquarters you will work up to eight and ten hour days. Depending on our adventure schedule, you will work 40-80 hours per week. When you are at headquarters, ITW will work for you to have weekends off, but this is not always feasible. Working with ITW must be your only commitment within your contract dates.
Fill out an online application and submit reference forms Application & Reference Form.
Is God calling you to work at ITW? Are you passionate about wilderness ministry? ITW matches people’s passions, competencies and callings with the needs of the ministry and opportunities for ministry growth. Some specific needs we have include but are not limited to:
- Guide Coordinator (Seasonal)
- Alumni Relations Coordinator (Part-time)
- Development Manager (Full-time)
- Maintenance Coordinator (Part-time, Seasonal)
- Marketing Director (Part-time)
- Media Development Intern (Part-time, Intern)
- Food Manager and Cook (Part-time)
Read the general information below, and specific job descriptions. Call and speak with us if you are considering full time employment. The Board of Directors, Executive Director, and the staff entire pray and thoughtfully consider hiring new staff. Online application and reference form: Application & Reference Form.
General Employment Information
- ITW receives applications year-round.
- Applicants must complete the online application
- Must submit resume, including skills and experience appropriate to the position pursued
- References must include a current or former spiritual mentor, employer or supervisor, and character reference (no immediate family please)
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Checks include: Background and Sex Offender
- ITW staff members should have discipleship and leadership skills, a passionate and intimate walk with Jesus, and a growing relationship with God.
- Staff are held accountable for personal spiritual growth, personal health and fitness, and corporate worship and prayer.
- ITW full time staff are Godly representatives in Torino and the outdoor community.
- All full time staff raise personal support (like Navigators or Campus Crusade). ITW & GCM will work to equip and assist you in raising personal support.
- Candidates must fill out an application and submit recommendation letters to be considered.
- Qualifying applicants will be interviewed by phone.
- All applicants must be approved by the hiring committee.
- The hiring committee may choose to conduct a secondary interview to ask follow-up questions. You will be notified by phone if a secondary interview is required.
Fill out an online application and print reference forms: Application & Reference Form.